The 1st AI Art Competition for New Artists
Hosts : Pulse 9, AI Art Gallery AI.A l Supports : Cashtree, Playform, Amaze, Little big art, WIKITREE
AI Art Gallery, sponsored by Pulse9 Co., Ltd., will hold the competition, ‘The 1st AI Art Competition for New Artists’, to discover young, new, and competent artists and to support their artworks with AI tools and/or a new artistic medium.
We're looking forward to discovering creative and passionate artists, who would like to participate in creating a generation of AI art with AI tools.
- Anyone (domestic, overseas, no art education background needed)
⃞ Types of works
- Any kind of digital art with AI art technology
(Sculptures, paintings, installation art, etc. with digital media)
* printing or video conversion must be possible)
⃞ Application & Inquiries
- Regular-submission Jun 8 (Mon) - Oct. 25 (Sun)
- Entry fee: 50,000 KRW (50 USD)
*By Oct. 25 your application and artwork must be submitted.
*Entry fee payment must be confirmed. (we will send a PayPal payment request at your email address )
* To apply for the competition, please e-mail [ firstname.lastname@example.org ]
* Inquiries: email inquiry or call +82 070-4280-0905
⃞ Required documents
1. 1 copy of the application form (please scroll all the way down to find the application form)
※ Only Korean or English / MS Word / PDF files are only accepted *No JPG, PNG
2. 1 copy of portfolio (optional but, if you submit you can get 2 extra points on the evaluation)
*No application evaluation. The portfolio is more important. (freestyle)
*You must write all your personal details carefully and truthfully
* When using a Mac, please convert and send the file which can be open in Windows.
* Make sure to submit the above two required documents in one compressed file.
※ For the application format, please scroll all the way down to download the file attached.
*file naming example - [AIA Gallery competition application_first name_last name]
Early-submission April 15 (Wed) - June 7 (Sun) 24:00 (KST)
Competition Theme 'Face' (in a physical or conceptual way)
Regular-submission Jun 8 (Mon) - Oct. 25 (Sun)
*By Oct. 25 your application and artwork must be submitted. (Entry payment must be confirmed)
AI Art Webinar to be defined in June - Sep. Beginner/ Intermediate courses (3 sessions each)
1st Evaluation (Online Exhibition) Nov. 15 - Nov. 30
2nd Evaluation (the panel of judges) Nov. 15 - Nov. 30
Award Announcement Dec. 11
*we will individually contact each winner. Or you also can find it on AIA website
Winner's exhibition Dec. 11 - Dec. 27 (Online)
※ This schedule is subject to change according to circumstances.
⃞ Evaluation and Selection
- Evaluation method:
50% evaluation by the public (online exhibition) + 50% evaluation by the panel of judges
- Evaluation Criteria:
Professional quality, originality, diversity, and popularity
[AIA Gallery award]
- Theme: 'Face'
- Award for Excellent Entries: 5 persons / total 5,000,000 KRW
The 1st place 1200,000 , 2nd place 800,000, 3rd place 500,000, 4th place 300,000, 5th place 200,000
For the rest 2000,000 will be distributed by the public's votes.
[Sponsorship Special award]
- Theme: freestyle. you can select any themes to create your artwork
- Award for Excellent Entries: 2 persons / total 500,000 KRW
The 1st place 300,000 , 2nd place 200,000
* Selection will be fair and transparent by the public votes and AIA Gallery's panel
⃞ Award and Benefits
- Cash awards *currency : KRW (Korean Won)
- Support for exhibition spaces (Group or individual exhibitions / AIA Gallery designated spaces provided)
- Opening Ceremony/ catering service at the opening
- Financial support for the production of leaflets and promotional materials
- Support for the production of merchandise related to their artworks for best-selected artists
⃞ Information to Note
- Documents received will not be returned.
- If there are disqualifications such as plagiarism or eligibility for entry, the selection may be canceled.
- Portfolios are not followed the given guidelines may be disadvantaged for the selection.
- With the permission of the exclusive consignment and sales rights of all exhibits, AIA Gallery (Pulse 9) can freely use them for marketing and sales purposes.
Q & A
Q. Can I apply the competition without submitting a portfolio?
A. Yes, you can still apply. However, if you submit your portfolio, you can get an advantage of + 2 points in the evaluation. You can create your own art portfolio in freestyle. If your portfolio consists of a sum of single files, please make sure the format, so we can open them easily.
Q. What kind of AI tool will I get provided? and when will it be?
A. Unfortunately, we don’t provide any AI tools in this competition. The aim of this event is not to provide a new AI too. Instead, you should use the currently developed AI art authoring tools at home and abroad. (e.g NVIDIA’s GauGAN, Google’s Deep Dream Generator, RunwayML, Ostagram, Playform) Our AI tool will be provided only to selected artists who win the competition.
Q. How can I submit my artwork?
A. Please send your artwork file or google doc. link at email@example.com. Also, your artwork must be in image files or videos for the online exhibition.
Q. What’s the reason that you’ll give us the theme for artwork creation?
A. It is because AI art is a new genre and this event is open to any type of visual artist, which is a very broad sense. It could be from a single image to a sculpture. So, we decide to give a theme for artwork creation, so we can narrow down the scope. It will be provided only to selected applicants after we carefully revise all submitted portfolios. We will individually notify to them on May 15th onward. If you apply for the event before the 15th, you will be informed about it soon.
Q. Can I apply for the competition with other artists as a team?
A. Yes, you can. In this case, you can create and submit a team portfolio to participate in this event.
* Real-time inquiries are available on our Slack channel (aia-anf5249.slack.com ) or you can ask us for a invite by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.